MSU | Museum of Contemporary Art Zagreb

Institution

The Museum was established on 21 December 1954 and was originally called Galerija suvremene umjetnosti (Gallery of Contemporary Art).

The MSU collected early computer artworks during the five international exhibitions entitled New Tendencies, which took place in the period from 1961-1973.

The third exhibition of New Tendencies (1965) investigated the relationship between cybernetics and art, while the fourth (1968/69) was dedicated to information theory, and computers in visual research.

In accordance with that, an international symposium on Computer and Visual Research took place in the same year, accompanied by the publication of the first issue of bit international.

source

Address: 

Av. Dubrovnik 17
10000 - Zagreb
Croatia